Friday, August 21, 2009

The Carb Count is Right

I have been on vacation for the last 2 weeks., well more accurately staycataion. During the last week of my staycation a good friend came to visit. He also happens to be a type 1 diabetic. As it was my staycation and his vacation we were eating and drinking things that are not normally on the menu. Leading us to play what I have coined “The Carb Count is Right”. Guess the carb count and best BG 2 hours post without going hypo wins.

Example: Scallop potatoes I WAGed (wild a** guees) 45 he WAGed 30. I was 7.5 he was 8.7- point to me.

I will admit that I have been carb counting longer so I had the advantage. However, I lost a few rounds- onion rings got the best of me. Marble slab ice cream (although it was delicious) disqualified me with a low- it was the walking I tell you my guess was better. I should mention I dominated nachos and lime margaritas- just saying.

Today I stood by the sushi cart at school and without even thinking “50. You?” Sadly, no one wanted to play….

No comments:

Post a Comment